Beauty Food: Warm Mediterranean Chickpea Salad October 16 2014, 243 Comments
So, we're starting a new series on the Sydelle Cosmetics blog... Beauty Food . We hope it will be a fun and informative guid to healthy recipes with foods that are notorious for improving your skin and health. Buen Provecho!
1 Spaghetti Squash
1/2 cup of Kalamata Olives
1 can of chickpeas
2 cups of baby spinach
2 cloves of garlic
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 can of crushed organic tomatoes
2 tablespoons of pine nuts
1/2 cup of crumbled feta cheese
2 tablespoons of Olive Oil
1 tablespoon Kosher Salt
1 tablespoon Black Pepper
1. Preheat oven to 450*F.
2. Cut Spaghetti Squash in half. Clean out seeds.
3. Brush inside of squash with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake for 20-25 minutes.
Sauce and Chickpeas
4. Add olive oil, dried oregano and tomatoes to sauce pan. Cook fro 8 minutes.
5. Add chickpeas, spinach and olives. Stir until spinach wilts.
6. Pull Spaghetti squash using a fork until you get spaghetti-like strings. Mix into sauce. Set to the side.
7. Toast Pine nuts in a separate pan with olive oil until golden brown. Set to the side.
7. Plate Sauce and Chickpea Mixture and add Greek feta crumbles. Top with toasted pine nuts.